Dead stock is a normal part of an animal production enterprise. Omnivore Composting is a natural process that uses bacteria to break down organic waste such as animal mortalities. It is rapidly becoming the preferred method of dead stock disposal. The Omnivore composter can be used for the day to day management of farm mortalities.
In composting, carcasses are put in the Omnivore composter together with supplemental carbon sources such as shavings, straw, some recycled compost or manure to accelerate the composting process.
- Increased bio-security on your farm.
- No dead stock is accessible for scavengers that could transmit disease to your livestock.
- The Omnivore composter is manufactured in Ontario.
- Cost of hydro to run the Omnivore Composter is comparable to running freezers for dead stock.
- The continuous Omnivore Composter comes equipped with a variable frequency drive that ensures a slow start up (soft-start), to eliminate excessive wear of drive parts.
- Variable speed motor for ideal manageable composting process.
- Weight of composting drum is 100% supported by support rollers.
- Easy to open receiving hopper is accessible at all times during the composting cycle, even while drum is rotating, or choose the model with loading doors for easy loading with a front-end-loader.
- Back door that works as slide while discharging.
- The Poly Urethane Insulated drum ensures that weather has a minimal effect on the composting process and that the heat generated stays in the omnivore composter making sure that the composting process is successful.
- Omnivore composting is easy to control and adjust, resulting in faster and more consistent end product.
Batch / Continuous Composting
4′ x 5′ with Power Drive
4’ x 20’ with Receiving Hopper
4’ x 30’ with Hopper or Spring Loaded Loading Door
4’ x 40’ with Hopper or Spring Loaded Loading Door
Heat is a result of a good composting process. Temperatures in the Omnivore composter will typically be in between 100° F and 150° F. A well maintained, fully functional managed Omnivore composter will easily reach 131° F for a minimum of a 72 hour period during the process which will breakdown pathogens (virus and microorganisms) that could cause diseases. Omnivore protects your operation from scavengers and/or predators that could transmit livestock diseases while feeding on decaying carcasses on the manure pile or bins. Better biosecurity with no rendering trucks driving onto the farm.
COMPOSTING WILL IMPROVE THE BIO-SECURITY OF YOUR FARM OPERATION! IT IS AN EASY AND EFFICIENT WAY TO DISPOSE OF YOUR DEAD STOCK AND GET A NUTRIENT RICH COMPOST IN RETURN.
See a gallery of our composters installed onsite.
If you have any questions please contact us for more details